Brandi (21) was living out of her car when we met her. Working full-time and feeling totally alone. Having moved here for a job and with her partner, she never dreamed they would break up and it would lead to her losing her housing. Brandi couldn’t afford rising rent prices on her own and didn’t know anyone in MN.
These are stories that touch our hearts and are the reason MoveFwd was founded 28 years ago and is still here. Brandi was overwhelmed and homeless, and now is safe and hopeful. That is because of people like you who care enough to invest in this organization and young peoples’ futures. Our annual giving campaign runs through December 31st, please remember MoveFwd in your year-end giving this year. With 6,000 youth experiencing homelessness in MN, and 1 in 5 youth struggling with a mental health challenge, your gift is needed more than ever.
MoveFwd (formerly Teens Alone) is here to serve young people and their families in the western suburbs of Hennepin County. We provide:
- Barrier-free therapy to youth and families
- Housing assistance to young people who are homeless or at risk for homelessness
- Housing program for young adults who are learning how to live on their own
- Drop-in center at Eisenhower Community Center for young people 15-24
- Outreach in the community to connect young people to housing, basic needs and mental health resources
MoveFwd is a 501 C(3) non profit, and your gift is tax deductible.