Therapy at MoveFwd is free and confidential. You don’t need insurance or a referral. Call us and we will return your call the next business day to set up a meeting. Our licensed therapists might meet you at our offices or your school.
Asking for help can be the bravest thing to do.
At MoveFwd, we will focus on you. No judgment. We’re here to listen to your concerns, and help you with solutions, whether they’re caused by family issues, chemical use, abusive relationships, neglect, depression, anxiety or stress.
Here are some of the concerns we’ve helped
young people face:
- Feeling depressed or anxious
- Arguing with parents
- Self esteem
- Losing a safe place to live
- Difficulty with school
- Chemical use/dependence
- Feeling misunderstood
- Dealing with parents’ separation or divorce
It’s easy to use our free and confidential services.
- Call us at 952/988-TEEN (8336). A therapist will return your call by the next business day. Please speak clearly. Leave your name and a phone number where we can reach you.
- We’ll set up a place and time to meet. The therapist will meet you at your school or you can come to the MoveFwd office at Eisenhower Community Center in Hopkins.
It depends. The law says that you have the right to talk confidentially to an adult about things like chemical use and sexuality issues. We are required by law to report suicidal plans or threats to others. We’re here to listen to what’s on your mind. After talking to us, we generally encourage you to talk with your parents. It can be hard—we’re happy to be part of the conversation, if you want us there—but many times, young adults tell us they are relieved when they finally tell their parents about their problems.
Since we meet many youth at school, we must tell a counselor or social worker there that we are seeing you. We don't tell them the specifics of what we talk about.
Yes. Sometimes someone from your school will call and tell us that you might like to talk to one of our therapists. Many times, a parent calls us to talk through some parenting challenges. However, it is your decision to choose to talk to us.
You’ll talk to one of our caring, experienced licensed therapists.