Work at MoveFwd
MoveFwd Case Manager
The MoveFwd Case Manager is responsible for providing wraparound case management support to suburban youth and their families who are experiencing or at risk for experiencing homelessness or housing instability, and providing community resources and financial support to address their needs.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Homelessness Prevention Services:
- Participate in the development and implementation of the Upstream Project, a pilot program that utilizes multiple strategies to identify youth and families at risk for experiencing homelessness and provide early intervention services to prevent homelessness and early school leaving
- Facilitate case conference meetings with Hopkins School District staff as needed for youth and families identified with risk factors for housing instability and early school leaving
- Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with school systems, county social workers, county resources, police, churches and youth/family serving agencies.
- Provide basic needs support, crisis intervention, supportive services, information and referrals to youth and families at risk of losing their housing or experiencing homelessness
- Refer youth/families to MoveFwd and other agencies for supportive services, including case management and mental health services
- Staff the Drop in Center for youth and young adults on a regular weekly shift, and/or as neededConduct Street and site based Outreach to youth experiencing/at risk for homelessness
- Collect and record appropriate data and completion of paperwork
- Model behavior that is consistent with and supportive of healthy adolescent development
- Collaborate with other staff and maintain positive teamwork
- Comply with MoveFwd philosophy and written employment policies
- Assist youth/families in the development and implementation of stable housing plan and other goals
- Assure that youth/families at risk for, or experiencing homelessness receive the services needed by facilitating linkages between local programs to provide for educational advancement, employment assistance, independent living skills training, emergency shelter, medical care and HIV/STD prevention services.
- Provide transportation for youth/families to necessary appointments/resources and assist them in meeting their transportation needs.
- Assist youth/families in securing identification, financial support through general assistance, medical assistance, MFIP and other sources including direct assistance through MoveFwd homelessness prevention fund.
- Provide individual and/or group support and advocacy services.
- Provide family reunification and home and school-based services when appropriate.
Typical Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
- Able to lift up to 15 pounds
- Able to be flexible, work under stress and respond to emergencies/crisis
- Must be able to travel in all weather conditions in MN
- Light cleaning of The Drop-in Center
- Ability to perform the duties outlined on this job description
AFFIRMING DIVERSITY / CULTURE:
- Incorporate awareness of the gender, cultural, racial, social, sexual and economic context of the persons seeking services, community partners and co-workers
- Identify ways to address these issues and develop approaches that are centrally concerned with issues of fairness and equity.
- Seek consultation, training and feedback from colleagues in order to advance skills in providing culturally competent and inclusive services.
- Bachelor’s or Associates degree in human services/youth work field preferred. Experience in lieu of a degree may be considered.
- Two years of case management/direct experience with youth and families.
- Demonstrated ability to work with diverse populations.
- Clean Driving record and current auto insurance*Spanish and/or Somali speaking a plus
- BIPOC and LGBTQIA candidates encouraged to apply
- 1.0 FTE; occasional evenings and weekends as needed. This is a non-exempt position
- Housing and Outreach Program Manager
Note: Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.