Work at MoveFwd
MoveFwd Mental Health Therapist
Provide crisis intervention and mental health therapy services to youth and young adults (12-24) and their families who attend West Metro school districts..
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with school systems, county social workers, C.P.S., police, churches and youth serving agencies in west suburban Hennepin County.
- Provide community education/public speaking services for schools and community organizations.
- Assess individual needs, monitor progress and provide referrals when necessary
- Provide differential diagnosis and treatment planning when necessary
- Provide in school/in home mental health therapy and crisis intervention services for youth (12-24), parents and families.
- Provide prevention focused counseling for high risk adolescents, young adults and/or families.
- Provide family reunification services.
- Co-facilitate community and school-based support groups.
- Maintain accurate and thorough client records.
- Complete all paperwork consistent with agency standards and funding contracts.
- Participate in individual and team consultation/supervision meetings.
AFFIRMING DIVERSITY / CULTURE:
- Incorporate awareness and affirmation of the gender, cultural, racial, social, sexual, and economic context of the persons seeking services.
- Identify ways to address these issues, and develop approaches that are centrally concerned with issues of fairness and equity.
- Seek consultation, training, and feedback from colleagues in order to advance skills in providing cross-cultural services.
- Master’s degree in Counseling, Social Work or MFT.
- Current professional MN license in Counseling, Social Work or MFT.
- Minimum two years post-Masters experience providing therapy for youth and families preferred
- Previous experience working with adolescents strongly preferred
- Valid driver’s license with good driving record. Background check will be conducted.
- Demonstrated ability to work with diverse populations.
- Strong organizational, multi tasking and time management skills
- Ability to conduct counseling in Spanish or Somali a plus
- BIPOC and LGBTQIA candidates encouraged to apply
- .8 FTE (40 hours/week school year)
- .5 FTE (20 hours/week)
- MoveFwd Clinical Manager
Note: Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
*Signing bonus will be paid in two equal installments